My poor baby! This is what I saw as I entered the ER. I had expected a little blood and a sad little boy, but not this! He was so swollen and exhausted. Reed had been running in Grandma and Grandpa Hyatt's basement when he tripped and hit his face on their stone fireplace ledge. Ouch! It seperated his upper lip from his gum. He was so dehydrated that after attempting an IV 6 times they put him out wiht a shot. I quickly had to sit down upon seeing the inside of his mouth. Thankfully Ross had a stronger stomach than I did. They stitched him up and it was a week of pudding and soft foods for Reed. He was so brave and the nurses kept telling us how amazed that he wasn't just screaming the whole time with the extent of his injury. Not fun, but he healed well and not even a scar to show off! Love you Reed!
5 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment