Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Weddings and Baby Micah

These last two weeks were wonderful. We were able to see so many family members and we thoroughly enjoyed it! It all started Wednesday with Beth and Brad flying into Boise to spend the night with us. Thursday we all gathered at the Hyatt's home for the weekend. Julie and Michael Vasquez were married on Friday, she made a beautiful bride, and they looked so good together. The weather was beautiful and everything went smoothly. The reception and open house were great, it was especially fun to see some of our old acquaintances from Twin Falls! That Sunday Brad and Whitney blessed their baby, Cameron. He is now 3 months old and adorable, it was so great to be with them on their special day. That night we had to say good bye to Ross and Beth as they went back to Boise and the next day the boys and I drove to UT, accompanied by Brent, it was so nice of him to ride down to Salt Lake with us, and it made the drive seem shorter, my Mom happened to be in Heber with my Dad for meetings and she drove the rest of the way with me. We spent the rest of the week getting ready for company from KS and my sister's wedding. We frosted 200 sugar cookies, made 150 cupcakes and 200 brownies, and gathered a few more decorations for the event. Julie had strep and was able to take it easy you could say while this all went on. I even had the privilege of doing all the flowers for the wedding; I did her bridal bouquets, the boutiners, the corsages, the table arrangements, and the cake flowers, it was so much fun and most of all she like them. Julie and Russel are a great couple and compliment one another on so many levels. I am so happy that she has found someone to share her life with that will love her and treat her with respect. It is so different having a little sister get married, surreal in a way, I just can't believe that juju bear is married. She looked beautiful and so happy! It was great to spend so much time with my family as I was there a whole week. My Aunt Gina and Uncle Steve and Grandparents from KS were out, so nice to visit and I was able to visit with my Grandma Deane as she rode back and forth to Vernal with me. Hailey and her friend Jared stayed the weekend and I was able to catch up with Luke, boy how he is stepping up now that he is the only one at home. I loved the time spend with my Mom and Dad, Mom and I were able to be together a lot, and it was wonderful. The boys loved playing with Kolby and Kevin! To top it all off Missy had her baby and he is adorable! The pregnancy was not without complications and the recovery will be long but he healthy and beautiful. Congrats to the Winterton Family. I guess I should mention that the 9 hour drive home is not one I particularly look forward to and after driving through white out conditions for over and hour and having Dallin throw up all over the back seat with 7 hours to go we were happy to be home safe and sound. It was worth it though, there is nothing better than being with family!

5 comments:

Workmans said...

It's sounds like you've been busy with such fun and exciting things. I'm excited to get to know your sister-in-law and her husband. They both bore their testimonies last Sunday and did a great job. They seem like a pretty neat couple. I'm glad you're doing well.

Kimber said...

Wow! That's a busy few weeks for your family! Throw up in the car is not a fun thing, especially when you're driving by yourself. I feel for you. I was so sad we couldn't make it to Julie's wedding. I really wanted to see all of you Hyatts, it just didn't work out with the move and everything.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a trip! You were able to get so many things done! I'm glad Julie liked all the flowers. I'm sure they were beautiful. I hope you took pictures b/c I really want to see some! So sorry about the ride home, how awful! We're glad you home safe too!

Crozier's Crazy Chronicals said...

Fun times, wish we could have made it to Julie's reception. Bet she looked beautiful!

leslie m. said...

Your sister is lucky to have such a talented sister to help. I am glad it turned out so well for you!